Today's modern flashlights offer long battery life, powerful LEDs that offer high lumens as well as excellent color rendering. Below are the best LED flashlights you can buy today.
Why have the Best Small Flashlights?
When carrying a small flashlight for your EDC, it is recommended to always have two as well as backup batteries and bulbs. If one fails, you still have another one to use as a backup. It is best to have a primary light and a backup handy and readily available for general use and emergencies.
In our list below of the best smallest flashlights to have we will look at flashlights that use a single CR123A sized battery as they are usually compact and offer better performance compared to the very common AA/AAA cells.
Here are the best small flashlights that you can add to your everyday carry rotation.
EDC Flashlight Basics
The Best EDC Tactical Flashlights are usually super bright and have an end-cap on/off button.
For EDC Tactical Flashlights we focused on ultra-portability and low weight so you can carry it anywhere you go.
- Flashlight Size: Is it easy to carry around with you, while not sacrificing on operating performance.
- Flashlight 100 Lumen: Doe the flashlight have sufficient amount of downrange reach and can still small enough to stay in the pocket all day comfortably day after day.
- Reputable Brands: Does the flashlight have at least an average of 50+ reviews and 4.5 stars on Amazon
- Flashlight Price: Does the flashlight cost $100 or less for the flashlight.
What’s a Lumen?
A flashlight "Lumen" measures the amount of light being output by a particular source (e.g. a flashlight) within a given area and time given. Usually the higher the lumen(s), the brighter the light is. In looking for a flashlight, the common definition of one (light) lumen equals to the amount of light received at a square foot area one foot away from a candle light.
GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000 [2 Pack] - High Lumen, Zoomable, 5 Modes, Water Resistant Light - Camping Accessories, Outdoor Gear, Emergency Flashlights.
- Ultra Bright & Long-lasting - Easily light up an entire room or focus in on objects up to 1000 feet away! 10 times brighter than old incandescent lights. Conveniently powered for hours with 3 AAA batteries or a single rechargeable battery. (Batteries are not included)
Klarus XT11X 3200 Lumens Extreme Bright Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight, CREE XHP70.2 P2 LED, Beam Reach 309 Yard, 18650 IMR Battery, Dual Tail Switches + Side Switch, Programmable Settings.
- Powerful Tactical Flashlight: XT11X uses a CREE XHP70.2 P2 LED, delivers a explosive output of 3200 lumens. It features a deep orange peel texture reflector and has a maximum beam throw of 283 meters.
Fenix PD36R 1600 Lumen USB-C Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight with Fenix Battery and LumenTac Battery Organizer.
- POWERFUL TACTICAL LIGHT - The Fenix PD36R is the ultimate tactical flashlight with a brighter beam up to 1600 lumens, farther throw up to 309 yards, and longer run time in a compact everyday carry (EDC) ready package you've come to expect from the Fenix PD series.